A Pre-Operative nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. The nurse will also review special instructions and answer any questions you may have. If you have not received a call 48 hours before your surgery or have additional questions, please call us at 952-832-9360 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Our Business Office will send you a copy of our Privacy Notice, Health Care Directive policy (Living Will), and Ownership Disclosure in advance of your surgery. In addition, the business office will send you information regarding your insurance coverage for your procedure in our center. If you choose, you may use our online registration form. Please complete 48 hours prior to your surgery.
Food and Drink
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery, not even water, coffee, or chewing gum. If you are scheduled for surgery later in the day, the nurse may give you special instructions regarding eating and drinking to follow on the morning of your surgery.
Do not take any medication after midnight unless instructed by your physician or our nurse. If you are diabetic, on blood pressure medication, or heart medication, obtain specific instructions from your physician or our nurse.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup and Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
< Return to Top >
Notify the Center & your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need the Day of the Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards including Medicare and Medical Assistance cards, photo ID, and credit cards if appropriate for payment of co-pays.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Responsible Adult: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver over the age of 16 years MUST stay with you until the morning following your surgery.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan to have someone else care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient or responsible adult cannot read and speak English or uses sign language, an interpreter is required. Please contact the Scheduling Department at 952-832-9360 as soon as possible to have us arrange for an interpreter.
< Return to Top >